Pages

Saturday, July 30, 2011

A world gone wrong, and a dessert done right.

Have you ever started a project and it turned out awful?  I have.  This is the point where you have a choice.  Fix it, or toss it.  I am reading Gods word this morning and as I sit here wrapped in the peace of his presence through his word I find myself in awe of the depth of his reality.  I see a tiny glimpse of his mind, and I see an overwhelming amount of his love and compassionate nature.
I was doing a little word search on “heart” and I started at the top of my list and found myself right up there in the beginning, good ole Genesis.  The top of the heading for chapter 3 in my Bible is “A World Gone Wrong.”
God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time.  And it grieved the LORD that he had made man on earth.  It grieved him at his heart. (Another translation I have says “it broke his heart.”)
And the LORD said, “I will wipe this human race I have created from the face of the earth.   Yes, and I will destroy every living thing- all the people, large animals, the small animals that scurry along the ground, and even the birds of the sky.  I am sorry I ever made them.” Genesis 6:5-7
He wanted to scrap a large part of his creation, including us; wipe the slate of earth clean.  Do you see how real this is?  Do you see that God was disgusted with what he made had become?
…BUT! And this is a pretty sweet but for Noah and his family.
Noah found grace in the eyes of the Lord.  This is the account of Noah and his family.  Noah was a righteous man, the only blameless person living on earth at the time, and he walked in close fellowship with God. Genesis 6:9
I am sure most of you have heard the story of Noah.  I picture God looking at earth and shaking his head like, ‘really, wow, nothing is good about this place.  I made it good, but these little stinkers are rotten to the core.’  Then God considers Noah and that Noah is the only one on earth worth saving.  So because of Noah and his righteous relationship with the Lord (which my mind is totally spun up around; I wonder what Noah's walk with God was like), Noah’s family and Noah got instructions for their salvation; blueprints for the ARK.  And God wiped the world clean.
How did Noah’s relationship with the Lord work? I am going to be really praying about this.  Why?  Because I want it.
Lord, thank you for these few minutes this morning to soak up some good word.  Your word is life and health to those who find them.  Write it on the walls of my heart.  Give me the ability to memorize your scriptures, commit them to my memory so that they will be as if they are written in spiritual Sharpie that is permanent and will never fade.  Oh Lord, please let me have understanding as I continue to press in and dig into your word. I only want your truth to shine forth, not my own understandings, but your true meaning behind what is written.  I pray that you will wrap me all up, snug as a bug in a rug, with your love.  I pray for peace for your people who are seeking you.  I pray that you will guide the path of their feet and that you will put us in each other’s way so that our lives will intersect and we can have fellowship.  Thank you for good God conversations with new friends last night.  You are so merciful to us.  We love you so much.  I pray today for little boys that they will be perfect with the potty, that they will be obedient, that I will be patient and that I will raise them and train them up right.  I pray for a day filled with fun adventures.  Thank you Lord for your tender nature and way that you usher me along.
I think that this blog is for me.  I hope that you can glean something from it.  But as I read and write it down it makes so much sense as my spirit, soul, mind, heart, thoughts, finger tips bring this all up and break it all out.  God knows my heart; whether I like it or not.  I am ashamed when I see certain things, but I find great joy in knowing that he is working it all out.  To his glory, not mine.  Just the way it is supposed to be.  *Sigh* I love him.
Yesterday at my job we had a going away party for our teller supervisor whose last day was today… *tear* {I am going to miss your beautiful smiling face Nicole!}  But at the same time, because you left, we got to have a Mexican Fiesta Party Extravaganza to send you off.  And because we had a Mexican Fiesta Party Extravaganza, I got to have the most delicious dessert I have tried in ages!  It was so good, I tracked down the angel who brought it.  Our bank manager and Joplin Globe columnist, Cheryl Finely.  Give her a hand folks!  CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP, HORAY!!!! Cheryl!

Not only did she bring this delicious dessert, but she gave me the recipe, and it was too easy to be true.  So I made it last night because today is Colby’s birthday, our good friend who moved to Joplin from Seattle right before the tornado.  Happy Birthday Colby! High 5!
This was ridiculously amazing. My taste buds were stunned, and the little buggers demanded more.  So I naturally gave into their demands.  They are very convincing little guys.

Here you are folks, straight from Pillsbury…The easiest and tastiest little recipe you may ever come across. Andi Beres can attest to the easiness of this recipe because when I was done she said, “that’s it?” 
Yep, that’s it!

Sopapilla Cheesecake
INGREDIENTS 
16 ounces cream cheese
2 cans refrigerated crescent dough
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup cinnamon sugar

DIRECTIONS
1 Using a 9 x 13 baking pan, unroll one package of crescent refrigerated dough and line the bottom of the pan.

2 Mix together the cream cheese, sugar and extract.

3 Spread over the crescent rolls.

4 Unroll the other can of crescent rolls and place on top of cream cheese mixture.

5 Pour one stick of melted butter or margarine over the top and sprinkle with about 1/2 cup of the cinnamon sugar mixture.

6 Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Uh…YUM!
I hope you have a wonderful Saturday.  I will talk to you tomorrow.  Ok, bye!
xoxo

Ronda

No comments:

Post a Comment