Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Glowing for God and Glow-bug Juice

I made a new friend today!  Her name is Dawn and she came by the bank for what she thought was going to be a loan application, but she walked out of my office with a dinner date! :-) It's how I roll.

Tomorrow night Dawn and her husband Tim are going to come out to dinner with Sam and I.  I am very excited.  You know how some people you meet and you instantly love them.  I instantly loved Dawn.  She radiated with a light that can only come from the joy and peace of having a living active relationship with the ultimate light generator, Jesus. Whew, that was a sentence full!  I was so blessed this morning; when you meet someone who has Christ at the center of their life you know...because they glow.

And guess what?  She likes tea parties too!!!  I love tea parties with the cute little tea sandwiches, scones, lemon curd, devonshire cream, tartlets... mmmm, tartlets are delicious.  I will have to make you some tartlets and blog about them.  They are one of my favorite things to make.

So a week ago I mentioned that Sam was having only juice for an entire week.  I took some pictures of what I juiced for him.   We watched a documentary on Netflix that was awesome and it really encouraged Sam to do a juice fast for 7 days.  He only cheated a few times, overall he did really good.  We highly recommend this documentary: Fat, sick, and nearly dead.

As a society our lives are a little out of balance with our diet/ activity level.  Sam and I for the last year have been working hard to strike a balance and really be diligent about making good wholesome food for our little growing family.  Sam regularly falls off the wagon and binges on Taco Bell and Mountain Dew, his old standby.  Someday he'll learn!

Sam's Aunt Kim loaned us an extra juicer they had about a year ago...yes we have borrowed it for a very long time.  We use it all the time though.  I make fresh juice for Sam and for the little boys.  The little boys love carrot, kale, spinach, and apple juice.  And as a mom, I feel pretty darn good when I make this for them.

First I wash my ingredients and for this juice, which we shall call "Glow-bug Juice" I combined:

Apple
Pineapple
Peach
Carrots
Lemon


Then you cut the fruit so that it will fit in the juicer.


Doesn't that look delicious!  Mmmmm, I could eat all that right now.


Put it into your juicer.


And, Wah-la!  Juice!  Delicious juice that you made!


This is the pulp that gets left over.  I hear that you can use it to make carrot bread or carrot cake with.  Interesting concept; I have never tried it.  I do know that a good juicer will leave you with a dry pulp.  A bad juicer will not extract all the deliciousness...so if you are thinking about getting a juicer, get a good one.  And look at all the pineapple I had left!  You can make a lot of juice with one pineapple.


Pineapple is very affordable right now.  You can get a whole pineapple for around $2.50.  Sa-weet deal!  Peaches are in the markets right now too.  I am really digging peaches and Greek yogurt with a few blueberries {heavenly}.

If you read this could you say a little prayer for me?  I have a big file that I have to work on in the morning.  Please pray that God will allow me to see everything I need to see, and fix everything I need to fix.  That every person involved will be ready and willing to help and that the loan will get closed, everything in order, and right on time.  Thank you!

I am going to need it!

Here is a picture of Carl at Youth group glowing to the music with light sticks...go Carl!


Have a wonderful Friday friends.  Go glow for God!

xoxo

Ronda

No comments:

Post a Comment