Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

You've got mail!

Yesterday a crazy thing happened.  Well, it is really not THAT crazy if you believe in God and you believe that he is ALL powerful, ALL knowing, and everywhere, and that he created everything, and that he sent his Holy Spirit to live in you if you asked him…which I do, and I did.  OK, so this story isn’t crazy, but it set me smiling and praising God yesterday for the marvelous way in which he speaks to me.  Through gentle nudges that I could push away, he didn’t give up on me yesterday…he is my Persistent Encourager.
I was writing a card to a friend.  I received two cards last week, out of the blue, and it is an awesome gift.  Just a card with loving words of encouragement gives you such a boost!  And I got TWO!  I was a very blessed lady.  So I set at my desk planning to ‘pay it forward’ and send a card to a friend.
There is something special about writing an actual letter or card to someone.  To me, it means so much more when you buy the card, buy the stamp, write the card, seal the envelope, stick it in the mail…and then you wait, thinking about the smile on your friends face when they get to open their mailbox that is usually filled with bills and ad’s, to find your card with love and encouragement.  Something much more special then clicking the send button on your keyboard, or pressing ‘send text’ on your cell phone.
Don’t you like receiving cards and letters?  You should try and bless someone this week with a card or a letter…you will be blessed, and so will they.  Just a thought.
So picture me…sitting at my desk, finished writing my card, staring at the back of a blank envelope.  I wanted to write a scripture and immediately a scripture flew through my mind.  No, I thought.  Not that scripture.  I can’t remember where in the Bible to find it, and it has been way over worked and has become popular to the point where if I wrote that scripture it will be ‘eh’ instead of ‘ahhhh.’  I wanted an ‘ahhhh, wow, this is a scripture I have never read,’ or ‘wow, this is exactly what I needed right at this moment,’ when she read it. Because without thinking this, I wanted the glory.  I wanted the glory for the card, and I wanted the glory for the word. Transparent Ronda right now, kind of embarrassing, but it is accurate.
So I went huntin’ to find a more obscure scripture, my ‘WOW’ scripture.  I thought to myself, ‘Habakkuk, now that is an obscure book…I will surely find an obscure scripture there.’  Yep!  I sure did!  Lots of them, but not what I was looking for.
Then JEREMIAH flashed through my mind and so I googled ‘Jeremiah’ and up pops a verse, and I smiled.  It was Jeremiah 29:11, the same verse that Fern mentioned is her ‘life verse’ in her testimony, and it is the same verse that a few minutes earlier I had pushed out of my mind as over worked, and cliché. I immediately wrote it on the back of the envelope.
I am so grateful for the Holy Spirit, my Persistent Encourager:
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not harm you, to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
God allowed my eyes to see the blank back of the envelope, something I usually overlook, as a clean canvas waiting for His good word.  Then he gave me the verse, but I didn’t know which book it was in, and it was overworked, so I pushed it away and set out on my own.  I came up empty.  Then He gave me the address: Jeremiah…And God brought me to Jeremiah 29:11.
Oh Lord, my Persistent Encourager, my rock, my salvation, how silly I must look to you.  You see my thoughts and know my heart, nothing is hidden from your eyes.  Please keep this in front of me.  Don’t let me embarrass myself before you.  Ideas like “What would Jesus do?” became so popular that they became a joke…You are no joke.  If only I would ask myself that question I would probably save myself a lot of trouble.  Thank you so much for letting me be a work in progress and not casting me off as rubbish, but you cherish me.  Thank you for this beautiful day that you created.  I pray that the little boys will get along and will be obedient.  Help me to be a mom with endless patience, and unreasonable energy.  I give you all the glory, all the praise, all the honor and respect due you.  Please help me.  It has to be you in me.
This week I would encourage you (smile) to write a friend a letter, just out of the blue, for fun, and today I encourage you to read Jeremiah 29: 11-13.  There is something special that happens when you open that book and you read right out of it compared to when you read it like you are reading word here...try it.  Let me know!


May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus, that together you may with one voice glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Therefore welcome one another as Christ has welcomed you, for the glory of God. ~Romans 15: 5-7

Over the fourth of July we went and visited Sam's grandparents.  I LOVE visiting Sam's grandparents.  It was only for Sunday and Monday, but it was so peaceful and relaxing, filled with fun and laughter.  Refreshed my soul! 

Caleb (pickin one for Grandma) and Kael
G-ma and G-pa Bowlin

Caleb, 'your head looks like an orange on a tooth pick!'
Fun at the Farm

Grass= a country rose, 'awwww, for me? why thank you!'
Xoxo

Ronda

1 comment:

  1. Caleb picking his nose!... Love it! That is a definite keeper to show his future wife someday!

    ReplyDelete