Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Holding onto hope


If you prepare your heart, you will stretch out your hands toward him. If iniquity is in your hand, put it far away, and let not injustice dwell in your tents. Surely then you will lift up your face without blemish; you will be secure and will not fear. You will forget your misery; you will remember it as waters that have passed away. And your life will be brighter than the noonday; its darkness will be like the morning. And you will feel secure, because there is hope; you will look around and take your rest in security. Job 11: 13-18.

These T-shirts are being made and the proceeds donated to the disaster relief efforts by Big Fish Tees out of Springfield, Missouri.  100% of the profits are going to this cause.  You can call 1-417-869-1700 or email sales@bigfishtees.com.  Donations are being given to Convey of Hope.

In Job it also reads: For there is hope for a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that its shoots will not cease. Job 14:7

I picture all the trees that used to stand, full with spring leaves, budding with life, now cut down with bark shaved, chunks removed, branches broke...there is hope. I picture the people living life, day to day, moment to moment, now their world slows down and everything takes on new meaning.  Life is more precious, family more appreciated, each moment matters.

Oh Lord, I will hope continually and will praise you yet more and MORE! Psalms 71:14

So many things will be different, the more I think about it the more confused I feel.  But I don't stop rejoicing, because there is no confusion in his presence.  It is simple and beautiful, and clear of debris when I picture Him.  Bright light, bright hope, confident now more than ever in my calling:  LOVE.

So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three: but the greatest of these is love. 1st Corinthians 13:13.

Last night was a good night up at my parents house.  Caleb and I got to enjoy some Papa Ron's Pad Thai.  It was tasty, tasty, and for a moment took my mind off the world torn and turned upside down back home.  I don't remember a time in my life that I was an "emotional eater."  But these last few days I have felt constantly hungry.

Here is Dad's Pad Thai...I feel cruel even posting this but hopefully you can enjoy with your eyes...it was super yummy.

Here is Dad making the Pad Thai in his wok on the back porch...such a beautiful place to cook food.



Here is Grandpa feeding the little birdie:

Yum Yum! Chop sticks are fun.  Caleb really enjoyed being fed pineapple with them.  Then Grandpa feed him some Tofu...At first he wasn't sure about it, but then he decided it was good.


I think when you experience stress like this your body goes into survival mode like 'gotta store up, stress overload, need to make sure we have enough.' So I become a human vacuum cleaner.  Stomach crying out, brain pulled a gazillion directions, unfocused, divided, not useful for much...doing better today though.  Going to spend time with friends and family and enjoy these few extra days I got to be here in Seattle.

Looking forward to when I get to see you all face to face; much love in our Lord and savior who gives us hope in great supply.

xoxo

Ronda

1 comment:

  1. You are SO cruel! I was all excited because I thought a recipe would follow... your dad needs to do a cooking class.

    ReplyDelete