Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Out with the old...

Touch down! And my fingers hit the keys running.  I have missed you so much and yet for the most part not given you a thought.  And when I say you, I mean this little blog.  I think about you, my friends, all the time!  This blog since its inception May 1st of this year has been a huge blessing to me.  A way for me to connect with my family in Seattle, Washington, from Joplin, Missouri.  A way for me to share my journey as a mother, as a wife, as a child of God.  A way for me to share my passions and my desires, things that I like.  A place where I can give you a peek at my mind, heart, soul, and spirit.  Taking a week off has been a blessing also.  I have not been blogging very long, and if I am honest I will say right now that I don't like the word "blog." I don't like the way it sounds coming out of my mouth or the way my mouth feels when I say it... like "blah", "blog", "blagh", "bloug"... I like the word *glimpse* much better.  This is a glimpse of my life.
I love the Lord.  He truly is a spring of life inside me and a phrase that my heart always sings as if it is the chorus of my soul are the words "where the Spirit of the Lord is there is freedom," and I say YES and AMEN! to that.  He is freedom in a way that is nearly inexpressible, unexplainable, unimaginable!  When I feel tangled, torn, twisty, tired, defeated...I can call upon the Lord and he will unwind me, mend me, bend me, energize me, and remind me that in him...in him I am a victor.
I have continued to read through Paul's letters and I would strongly recommend it.  In as much time as you can spare from your life to take and just read them right through, do it.  It was such a new experience for me as I have been to countless Bible studies throughout my life, but I am ashamed to say that I used to rarely read my Bible outside of church.  God has given me a new heart these past few years.  It started with a glimpse of who he was.
I began to realize that God is love.  Not just love like empty words that are easy to type and easy to say, but 'oh snap! LOVE!' It is a love that the depths of which we cannot even begin to fathom.  As I am typing these words I am praying for you.  I am praying for you that God will minister to you his love as well.
Something Paul wrote to Timothy in 2nd Timothy jumped of the page at me.  Paul in the very first chapter reminds Timothy to fan into flames his gift from God that he received when Paul laid hands on him. 2nd Timothy chapter 1 verse       
What is my gift?  So I began praying.  "God what is my gift..."
I am praying he will show me my gift and that he will fan it into flames.  I am excited.
Caleb had a snot nose little cold bug this week, but he is recovering nicely.  Thank you to everyone who lifted the little dude up in prayer.  Kael had a bug too, the kind of bug that generates liquid..eh hem...no bueno and many baths, let's just put it that way.  He is starting to feel better too.
Sunday was a special day.  Sam's mom came from Tulsa and a few of us gathered at our house and we studied God's word together.  It was a really nice time of fellowship.  After she left we all sat around and Colby asked Sam to baptize him down at Shoal Creek.  He had driven down there earlier in the day and said he had known for some time that he wanted Sam to do the honor.  So we drove down there and it was awesome.
Out with the old...

In with the new.
"Brother's don't shake hands...Brother's gotta hug!"
The next day at work Colby was able to share with many of the other sales men at Fletchers about his baptism and what God is doing in his life.  Their boss Duce had a spark lit inside him.  Pray that God will fan it into flames.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.  If you are tired and you are weary, there is freedom.  I want to tell you so sincerely that time spent with the Lord in prayer and reading his word is priceless.  Time well spent and will change your life.
I see glimpses of people in my mind right now...people who are just like me, people who are living just like I was living.  I had a form of godliness...I could talk the talk and even walk the walk, but I didn't have a relationship with him.  I didn't have an understanding of him.  I didn't have a reverence for him.  You get those things by taking time for him.  Taking time with him.
Thank you Lord.  I want to type thank you over and over and over.  My heart, my mind, my soul, my spirit, every fiber of my being is singing thank you.  Thank you for your grace and mercy to allow us the opportunity to come before you even though we are filthy rotten scoundrels.  Thank you that you have washed us so that we are as white as snow.  I am so disrespectful to you.  I am so sorry for that.  I can't wait until I get to heaven and I can just say thank you for eternity and praise you.  That probably sounds silly to anyone who doesn't know you.  It would have sounded like the correct Christianese to pump out if I would have said it in my past...but you have come alive to me.  I desire to know you more.  You are so intricate in your plan and it blows my mind.
Thank you for giving us your word.  Thank you that you have given us grace in that this is an open book test.  We can know you and know what is desired of us.  Thank you for sending us your Holy Spirit.  I pray that you will bless each and every person along with their family who read this prayer.  That as their eyes pass over each word you will light a fire in their bones.  Like a fire shut up in my bones, I want the world to know that you are God.  With a passion burning deep within fill me and make me new.  Jesus, Father, I am desperate for you.
And grace upon grace upon grace, bless the Lord, O my soul!  All that is within me bless his HOLY name.  Awake you sleepers!  He is coming soon.  Let's be ready.
xoxo
Ronda



No comments:

Post a Comment