Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

And the truth shall set you free...

Ever since Monday when I shared about my issues with pride and food I have felt so much peace.  So much freedom!  Like a huge weight was just lifted off my shoulders.

God has shown me so much grace.  His love confounds me.

“And the truth shall set you free…” came to my mind as I realized that I had been justifying my idols, hiding my habits, and judging others while being prideful.  That is the ugly truth.  And she ain’t so pretty now!

I started studying in 1st Corinthians yesterday and God’s word took on such significance to me as I read it; it was if I had never seen or heard these words before.  They came alive in my heart!  I hope that they come alive in your heart too.  Want to pray with me real quick and then we’ll dive right in?

God, I thank you for all that you are bringing me through.  I never want to be the same.  I want you to take my heart and tenderize it.  I want to be compassionate as you desire of me.  I want to be meek and humble, as you desire of me.  I want to be precious in your sight as your word describes those who seek you with humility and lowliness.  Thank you for examining my heart and showing me that I am not all that.  In this experience I have seen how my pride has passed itself off as judgment on others and I am so sorry.  Thank you for taking me and molding me.  I am the clay, you are a skilled potter.

But God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise: God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong: God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.  And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, so that it is written, “Let the one who boasts, boast in the Lord.” 1st Corinthians 1:27-31

And then Paul goes on to say…

Let no one deceive himself.  If anyone among you thinks that he is wise in this age, let him become a fool that he may become wise.  For the wisdom of this world is folly with God.  For it is written, “He catches the wise in their craftiness,” and again, “the Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile.” 1st Corinthians 3: 18-20

He sees us.  He knows our thoughts.  Nothing is hidden that won’t be exposed.  I was living life miserable.  Ok, well not miserable, but yet miserable!  I was a walking conundrum, as I was joyous in the Lord, but I had an idol (my pride and body image) in the driver’s seat while I rode shotgun.  Food and fitness were controlling so much of my daily routine (I talk about this past tense even though it was just a few days ago that it still had a grip on me).  My priorities were outta whack with God’s word.  Like I said Monday, I cared what people thought of me…A…LOT.

But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by any human court.  In fact, I do not even judge myself.  For I am not aware of anything against myself, but I am not thereby acquitted.  It is the Lord who judges me.  Therefore do not pronounce judgment before the time, before the Lord comes, who will bring to light the things now hidden in darkness and will disclose the purposes of the heart. 1st Corinthians 4: 3-5

Do we live a lie?  Do we say one thing with our mouths and our actions condemn us?  Yet, we have hope.

Therefore let anyone who thinks that he stands take heed lest he fall.  No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man.  God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.

If you love God, love God.  He desires us to esteem others higher then ourselves, not build ourselves up.  He wants us broken down so that he can build us up…but not in us…in him.

So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind.  Do nothing from rivalry or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves.  Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others.  Philippians 2:1-4

Robin and I shared a good laugh yesterday as she told me she was proud of me.  Way to feed the beast Robin!  I rise like dough; punch me down.

Xoxo~  Your friend,

Ronda, who was blinded by overexposure to her own awesomeness J (modified quote from Kung Fu Panda).

No comments:

Post a Comment