Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Speakin of squeakin!

Today is going to be a be-a-utiful day!  Back at my other “home” in Washington they are having their annual ladies tea.  I wanted to be there, so about three months ago I started looking for plane tickets.  I found one for $210, but I didn’t know if I could get time off work, so I didn’t buy it right away.  Instead, I sent my boss an email asking if I could have the time off.  My boss doesn’t read this blog; even if he did this is something that he is well aware of, and my feelings regarding it.  My boss is not the best communicator and certainly not the timeliest.  I have learned the lesson that the “squeaky wheel gets the grease.”  So I guess you could call me a ‘Squeaker’!
After sending an email and leaving a voicemail I finally got him on the phone about something else and then slipped it in there.  “So we are good to go on that loan.  Did you see my email a few back about wanting to go to Washington in June.”  Boss: “Oh, yeah.  I guess...hmm...uh...erm...I don’t see a problem with that…”  Yadda yadda, permission granted.  Woot woot!  I was already at the online ticketing site while I was on the phone with him pulling up the fare.  I went from “woot-woot!” to “wah wah!” in two point five seconds.  $486!  No!  How could this be? WHY!  WAHHHH!
I googled when to find the best fare and learned that Wednesday’s are the cheapest to purchase and to fly.  So every couple of days I would check fares.  I got to the point where I decided that if they dropped below $300 I would pull the trigger.  I didn’t think it was going to happen.  They wouldn’t come down below $400!  After months of checking every few days I found my ticket.  Only thing was it wouldn’t let me go and be at the ladies tea.  I was at the point where I was ok with that.  I missed my family and wanted to have a nice little vacation.  So I called my boss, no answer.  I called my dad and said “so how would you like to give me a camera lesson in person in say, two weeks.”  And I booked it.  I sent my boss an email letting him know that I would be going to Washington May 17-24.
This was the only week I could go and have the trip be under $400, I got my ticket for $293.  The tornado hit our town Sunday, May 22nd.  God thank you for taking me away.  Thank you for not giving me more than I could handle.  Thank you for answering my prayers and for hearing me.  I will continue to open my mouth in prayers, supplications, and praise.  I will lift my “drooping” arms and praise your name!
It would have been so awesome to get to spend time with my lovely ladies in Machias, Washington, sippin on tea and eating dainty treats, but God knew when and where I needed to be.  He is so thoughtful!
I have been praying this morning for the tea.  I have been praying specifically that through Kris Ainsworth, this year’s speaker, that there will be at least one person saved.  I am praying that all the ladies get refreshed and recharged by the fellowship that is going to take place.  Sending blessings to Washington!
Last night I was sitting at the table with my laptop and I opened up e-Sword (again, if you don’t have this program, you should download it…so awesome!).  In the sidebar there was a commentary that referenced Isaiah.  Isaiah is a book in the Old Testament and so I jumped to it and let me tell you…God spoke.  He spoke to me through his word, and it was amazing.  You might wonder why this is so amazing, you might not.  If you wonder why this is so amazing, pray that God will speak to you through his word, and then put action to it and dust off your Bible and let ‘amazing’ begin.
Here is God’s word that he blessed me with last night, Isaiah 58:7-12:
Is it not to share your bread with the hungry and bring the homeless poor into your house; when you see the naked, to cover him, and not hide yourself from your own flesh?  Then shall your light break forth like the dawn, and your healing shall spring up speedily; your righteousness shall go before you; the glory of the Lord shall be your rear guard.
I love that so much.  The Lord has got my back!
Then you shall call, and the Lord will answer; you shall cry, and he will say, ‘Here I am.’  If you take away the yoke from your midst, the pointing finger, and speaking wickedness, if you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday.  And the Lord will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail.  And your ancient ruins shall be rebuilt; you shall rise up the foundations of many generations; you shall be called the repairer of the breach, the restorer of streets to dwell in.
Snap-dizzle that is good word!  I love how he teaches me.  He has been teaching me to love, he has shown me that his word is life and my weapon in this war we are in, and that he is the author and protector of my faith.  He has got my back and he tells me his business.  His business is to take care of the weak, to feed the hungry, to take care of the broken and turned out.  No picking, no choosing, just doing.
God, I pray this week that you will open my eyes, open my heart, and I will open my hand.  Thank you for your provisions, thank you for your many blessings.  Thank you for getting my back so that I can face forward and as your word says in Proverbs “ponder the path of my feet.”  Give me wisdom liberally.  Give me discernment and direction.  Guide me in all my ways, I put my trust in you.
God is good, all the time; all the time, God is good.  Send your "squeaks" to God, and he will answer.
I made something that was really good the other day.

Strawberry Creme Crepes for Sweethearts
I whipped up some eggs (3) with 1/3 cup cream and a pinch of salt.  I then took ¾ package of cream cheese, 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream, and ¼ cup sugar and whipped that for about 5 minutes.  Then in another bowl I sliced strawberries and mixed with ¼ cup sugar and set aside.  I put a frying pan on Medium heat and lightly buttered my pan.  I then poured half the egg mixture in my pan and moved the pan in a circular motion (I basically made a crepe).  When the edges started to lift and the top was cooked I peeled it off onto a plate and spooned about 3 tablespoons of my cream cheese mixture in the center.  I rolled it up like a burrito and topped with the strawberries and then sprinkled powdered sugar on top.  Sam was very grateful, and with his huge puppy dog eyes and batting eye lashes asked, pretty please with strawberries on top, for more.  I obliged.

Strawberry Cream Crepes for Sam
What you need:
3 eggs
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream divided for both cream cheese mixture and crepe mixture.
½ cup of sugar divided for both cream cheese mixture and strawberries.
About 2 cups chopped berries
¾ package of cream cheese
Pinch of salt
Powdered sugar optional

Xoxo

Ronda

No comments:

Post a Comment