Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Charged! And ready to go!

I have a really nice camera.  My Dad and Mom bought it for me for my birthday two years ago.  Last year Kael pulled it off the counter and broke my lens.  So my parents found someone in Springfield, Missouri selling theirs and they bought if for me.  All I had to do was pick it up.  Can I say I am pretty sure I have the best parents ever?  Because, I’m sayin’ it!

This past week I couldn’t find my camera charger and so I, out of desperation, ordered a new one online.  I know that I will eventually find the old one, but I can’t be without my camera for an undetermined amount of time.  I searched, and searched, and prayed… that little cord is hiding out somewhere.

I was able to catch one picture of this bread that I baked before the battery bit the dust.  Not the best picture in the world, but not horrible.  This bread however…this bread would like to be entered into the best whole wheat bread in the world contest.  It is convinced that it would win.  It is so soft, and ever so slightly sweet, and has an amazing yeasty taste.  The kind of taste that usually only comes from bread baked at home.  I am not that experienced making bread, but thanks to the folks over at King Arthur Flour that sent me all that flour to try, I have been building my bread baking resume!  And this folks, this recipe is a KEEPER!

I am really excited to try out Manuel Santos’s recipe for his European bread, but I didn’t want to bake it yet without being able to take a picture of it to prove that it existed.  I am sure we will gobble it up so quick that you would never know I ever baked it without photographic evidence.  So I will have to wait until Thursday, and at the latest, Friday, before I can try my hand at his specialty.

I am sure it will be delicious.

Tonight we have praise team practice at the church.  I can’t wait!  I am so excited to relax and enjoy worshiping the Lord.

I am going to skip a day talking about guilt…I am not sure if I am done.  But I am sure that I have typed and retyped so many times that I don’t feel good about typing anything at all in regards to it.  I am ok with that.

{crickets}

Just one more thing to share.  Are you ready?

I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom:  Preach the word!  Be ready in season and out of season.  Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching.  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.  But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry. 2nd Timothy 4: 1-5

Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.  2nd Timothy 2:15

The LORD is good, A stronghold in the day of trouble; And He knows those who trust in Him. Nahum 1:7

God knows are hearts.  There is nothing that is hidden from him.  He has called you to LOVE and share his love with others.  Are you ready?  Set...GO!

Heavenly Father, I know that very soon I will stand before you and give an account.  I am nothing apart from you.  According to your word ALL good things come from you.  My good works are like filthy rags. Thank you for reminding me through your word that I am called to share.  Thank you for constantly keeping the word LOVE in front of me.  Thank you for writing your word on my heart and for giving me grace, and mercy.  Let LOVE course through my veins.  Give me your eyes for people.  That I will see past dirt, past the physical man, and into the heart.  That I will be kind and gentle.  Thank you for new mercies every day.  Thank you for making a way for me.


 Whole Wheat Goodness! OH MY GOODNESS! 

Ingredients
3 cups warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 (.25 ounce) packages active dry yeast
1/3 cup honey
5 cups bread flour
3 tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 cup honey
1 tablespoon salt
3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions
In a large bowl, mix warm water, yeast, and 1/3 cup honey. Add 5 cups white bread flour, and stir to combine. Let set for 30 minutes, or until big and bubbly.

Mix in 3 tablespoons melted butter, 1/3 cup honey, and salt. Stir in 2 cups whole wheat flour. Flour a flat surface and knead with whole wheat flour until not real sticky - just pulling away from the counter, but still sticky to touch. This may take an additional 2 to 4 cups of whole wheat flour. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to coat the surface of the dough. Cover with a dishtowel. Let rise in a warm place until doubled.

Punch down, and divide into 3 loaves. Place in greased 9 x 5 inch loaf pans, and allow to rise until dough has topped the pans by one inch.

Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 25 to 30 minutes; do not overbake. Lightly brush the tops of loaves with 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine when done to prevent crust from getting hard. Cool completely.

By Nita Crabb

You can make this, and you will be so happy that you did...and so will anyone within smelling and tasting proximity.

xoxo,

Ronda

No comments:

Post a Comment